Scrambled tofu is the vegan variation on scrambled eggs. A delicious savoury dish to have for breakfast or lunch. Low FODMAP, gluten-free and lactose-free.
- 1 package of tofu, 375 g (use firm tofu, no silken tofu)
- 150 g roasted red bell pepper (check the ingredients for high FODMAP ingredients)
- 100 g canned mushrooms, drained and rinsed (contrary to normal mushrooms, canned mushrooms are low FODMAP up to about 150 g per portion)
- 1 tsp tomato paste or red bell pepper paste (I buy pepper paste in the Turkish supermarket)
- (Smoked) paprika powder
- Pepper and salt
- Optional: 1 tbsp nutritional yeast per person
- Drain the tofu and press some more moisture out with your hands.
- Heat some oil or baking spray in a pan.
- Crumble the tofu into the pan.
- Add the tomato- or pepper paste and turmeric, oregano, paprika powder, pepper and salt.
- Fry the tofu 5-10 minutes on low heat while stirring now and then.
- In the meantime, cut the roasted red pepper into pieces and drain and rinse the mushrooms.
- Add the vegetables to the scrambled tofu and fry for two minutes.
- I prefer serving the scrambled tofu on a gluten-free cracker or sourdough spelt bread with a very thin layer mashed avocado (1/8 avocado is low FODMAP). Sprinkle some nutritional yeast on top.
- Cook Time: 15 mins