Rice and feta stuffed eight-ball zucchini
Some time ago, I found these cute eight-ball zucchini’s at the Turkish supermarket here in the Netherlands. I had seen them before, but I never used them myself.
A few years ago, rice stuffed paprika’s was one of my favourite go-to meals and I thought it would be delicious to make a similar recipe with these eigh-ball zucchinis. I made vegetarian rice and feta stuffed eight-ball zucchini.
Important: zucchini is low FODMAP up to 65 g per serving. From 75 g up zucchini is high in oligo-fructans and therefore not low FODMAP. This recipe is therefore not suitable for the elimination phase, but only when you have tested zucchini and know that you tolerate a bit more.Print
Vegetarian rice and feta stuffed eight-ball zucchini. A simple recipe with only 6 ingredients. Gluten-free and low in lactose.
- 2 eight-ball zucchinis
- 140 g white or brown rice
- 1 green bell pepper, in pieces
- A handful of feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- Pepper and salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350 F).
- Cut the top off the eight-ball zucchinis and carefully hollow out each zucchini with a spoon and chop and reserve the pulp.
- Put the zucchinis onto a baking sheet covered with baking parchment. Bake the zucchinis without the filling in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Bring a pan with water to a boil and cook the rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Cut the bell pepper into pieces.
- Heat some oil in a pan and add the pieces of bell pepper and the chopped zucchini pulp. Fry for a few minutes until the vegetables have softened and season with cumin, ground paprika, pepper and salt.
- Drain the rice and stir into the vegetables. Taste and add some extra spices if necessary.
- Take the pan off the heat. Crumble the feta on top of the rice mixture and mix.
- Take the eight-ball zucchinis out of the oven and carefully stuff them with the rice mixture.
- Put the eight-ball zucchinis back into the oven and bake for another 25-30 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.