Quinoa bowl with sweet potato and tahini dressing
Last week I decided to use my stash of quinoa again after a while. I think I didn’t eat quinoa for at least half a year, but last week I ate it three times in a row. I liked the quinoa bowl with sweet potato and tahini dressing that I made so much, that I couldn’t stop eating it.
It is healthy, gluten-free, vegan and low FODMAP. A real good recipe to add to your quick and simple recipe list!Print
A delicious low FODMAP quinoa bowl with sweet potato and tahini dressing. Gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan. So so so tasty!
For the quinoa bowl
- 120 g quinoa
- 100 g sweet potato
- 200 g cucumber
- 120 g common tomatoes (note: limited low FODMAP up to 65 gram per serving)
- 80 g black olives
- ½ stock cube (make sure the ingredients are low FODMAP)
- Optional: fresh parsley
- Optional: 1/4th avocado
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp water
- A splash of lemon juice
- Pepper and salt
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut it into cubes. Layer a baking sheet with baking parchment. Put the pieces of sweet potato onto the baking sheet and sprinkle with some oil. Bake the sweet potato in the oven for 20 minutes until crunchy.
- Boil the quinoa according to the instructions on the package. Add 1/2 stock cube to give the quinoa some more flavour.
- Cut the cucumber into slices, the tomato in pieces and the olives into slices. Cut the avocado into slices too.
- Make the tahini dressing by mixing all ingredients for the dressing together. If the dressing is too thick, you can add some more water. Taste and season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Drain the quinoa and divide over two bowls. Put the sweet potato, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, avocado and optionally fresh parsley on top. Sprinkle the dressing over the bowls.
*I would suggest leaving the avocado out when you are still in the elimination phase. Sweet potato is limited low FODMAP up to 70 g per portion and avocado is limited low FODMAP up to 1/8th avocado. The combination of the two can be too much and might give you problems. I know that I react well to polyols and therefore you can see on the picture that I have used some more avocado in this recipe.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: International
Keywords: quinoa, sweet potato, vegetarian, FODMAP, gluten-free
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.