Low FODMAP pasta salad with smoked chicken and cottage cheese
I have periods in which I don’t eat salads at all and sometimes I eat them almost every day. Now the weather is getting better it makes sense that I start feeling like eating salad again.
I have never been a big fan of pasta salad. For me, pasta always had to be warm and I didn’t like it cold. This pasta salad was made accidentally.
I wanted to make something with smoked chicken, cherry tomatoes and cottage cheese and while I was preparing it I thought it would be best to eat this luke-warm, as a salad.
My opinion has changed now because this pasta salad with smoked chicken is delicious!
I associate pasta salads with something creamy. Because I wanted to keep the recipe light and with not too much fat I used cottage cheese instead of cream cheese and that was a very good combination. It is also a very quick recipe because it is ready in 10 minutes! Nice and easy!Print
I felt like eating a quick pasta and ended up with this light pasta salad with smoked chicken, cottage cheese and tomatoes. It is really good!
- 140 g gluten free pasta
- 200 g cherry tomatoes*
- 200 g smoked chicken
- 70 g rocket lettuce
- 200 g cottage cheese**
- fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- some grated cheese to your taste
- Boil the pasta according to the description on the package.
- In the meantime cut the chicken into small slices and cut the cherry tomatoes in two.
- Mix the cottage cheese together with the grated cheese, some salt and pepper in a bowl and add some fresh basil.
- Divide the salad over two plates.
- Drain the pasta when it is done and rinse with cold water if you prefer your salad to be cold. If you would like to eat it lukewarm, you can leave the pasta like this.
- Mix the pasta with the cottage cheese mixture and put it on the plates.
- Spread the chicken and the tomatoes over the pasta and top off with some fresh basil.
*Cherry tomatoes have been retested in 2022 and are low FODMAP up to 45 grams per serving. Roma tomatoes are low FODMAP up to 75 gram per serving and common tomatoes up to 65 gram per serving. If you are still in the elimination phase or know that you don’t tolerate fructose well, I advise using roma tomatoes in this recipe and to use a maximum of 75 gram per person.
**Cottage cheese is low FODMAP up to 40 gram per serving. I use lactase pills to be able to use a bit more. But if you don’t, I advise using a maximum of 40 gram per person.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: International
Keywords: cottage cheese, pasta, tomatoes, chicken
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.