A delicious Italian mushroom and prosciutto risotto made with canned mushrooms (those are low FODMAP). Also gluten-free and lactose-free.
- 100 – 160 g risotto rice (depending on how much you eat)
- 200 g canned mushrooms
- 80 g prosciutto di parma, in pieces
- 40 g parmesan cheese
- 300 – 480 ml stock (made with a low FODMAP stock cube)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Optional: 1 tsp butter
- Optional: 1 stalk spring onion
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. If you don’t have to eat low FODMAP you can add half an onion, cut into pieces, to the pan now and bake until glossy. Otherwise, you just add the mushrooms and the prosciutto.
- Bake the mushrooms and the prosciutto shortly. Add the rice and stir until it gets glossy.
- Add the stock spoon by spoon. Only add a new spoon of stock when the other has evaporated. Continue until you have used up all the stock and the rice is done. This usually takes around 20-25 minutes. If you have used all of the stock and the rice is not done yet, just add some extra stock.
- Finally, stir in three-quarters of the parmesan cheese and optionally a cube of butter.
- Serve the risotto with the rest of the cheese and some spring onion.
- Cook Time: 40 mins