Low FODMAP mushroom and prosciutto risotto
In my blog about the best gluten-free pizza ever, I told you about canned mushrooms being low FODMAP (up to 100 g). Pizza Funghi was one of the foods with mushrooms that I missed most, since starting my FODMAP adventure, but risotto Funghi shares this first place with the pizza.
I love risotto and mushroom risotto is amazing. To celebrate that I can eat mushrooms again, I made this mushroom and prosciutto risotto. Yum!
If you don’t have to eat low FODMAP, I advise you to use good quality mushrooms instead of canned mushrooms. That will make the risotto even better.
Canned mushrooms are, of course, not great quality food compared to real mushrooms, but because this is the only low FODMAP option, I happily eat them. Better than nothing!
But if you can eat normal mushrooms, it is, of course, better to eat those.
This is another real Italian recipe: few ingredients, but a great taste. Risotto, prosciutto, mushrooms and of course parmesan. That is enough for a brilliant meal!Print
A delicious Italian mushroom and prosciutto risotto made with canned mushrooms (those are low FODMAP). Also gluten-free and lactose-free.
- 100 – 160 g risotto rice (depending on how much you eat)
- 200 g canned mushrooms
- 80 g prosciutto di parma, in pieces
- 40 g parmesan cheese
- 300 – 480 ml stock (made with a low FODMAP stock cube)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Optional: 1 tsp butter
- Optional: 1 stalk spring onion
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. If you don’t have to eat low FODMAP you can add half an onion, cut into pieces, to the pan now and bake until glossy. Otherwise, you just add the mushrooms and the prosciutto.
- Bake the mushrooms and the prosciutto shortly. Add the rice and stir until it gets glossy.
- Add the stock spoon by spoon. Only add a new spoon of stock when the other has evaporated. Continue until you have used up all the stock and the rice is done. This usually takes around 20-25 minutes. If you have used all of the stock and the rice is not done yet, just add some extra stock.
- Finally, stir in three-quarters of the parmesan cheese and optionally a cube of butter.
- Serve the risotto with the rest of the cheese and some spring onion.
- Cook Time: 40 mins
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.