A quick low FODMAP vegetable soup with meatballs. Good for lunch or dinner and ready in 40 minutes! Gluten-free, lactose-free and vegan option.
- 200 g minced meat (I used half pork, half beef)
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- Pepper and salt
- 160 g red bell pepper
- 1 large carrot
- The green part of one leek
- Optional: 150 g canned mushrooms
- A few stalks spring onion, only the green part
- 1 liter water
- 2 stock cubes
- Fresh parsley
- Mix the minced meat with 1 tsp ground paprika, pepper and salt. Roll the meat into very small balls and put them onto a plate. Set aside.
- Cut the bell pepper and the carrot into small pieces. Also chop up the green part of the leek and the spring onions and chop some fresh parsley.
- Heat some oil in the soup pan. Fry the paprika, carrot and leek for a few minutes.
- Add one liter water, the stock cubes, the spring onions and the parsley. Bring the soup to a boil and leave to boil for at least 15 minutes.
- Add the meatballs to the soup and leave to boil for another 10 minutes, so the meatballs can cook.
- Taste the soup and season with salt and pepper.
You can keep the soup for two days in the fridge. Leave the soup to cool down completely and then store it into a closed box in the fridge. You can also freeze the soup, then you can store it for a longer time.
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Category: Soup
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: International
Keywords: soup, vegetable, meatballs, FODMAP, gluten-free, lactose-free