A low FODMAP vegan poke bowl with tempeh from the oven and a lot of veggies! Easy to make and super tasty! Gluten-free and lactose-free
- 160 g (5.6 oz) sushi rice
- 160 g (5.6 oz) tempeh
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 200 g (7 oz) cucumber
- 1 green bell pepper*
- 1/2 medium-sized carrot
- 1/4 avocado**
- 100 g (3.5 oz) edamame beans
For the marinade
- 3 tbsp soy sauce (use gluten-free soy sauce if you have to eat strictly gluten-free, for the low FODMAP diet this is not necessary)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Cut the tempeh into small cubes. Mix the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl and add the tempeh. Stir together and leave to marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (390 F). Bake the tempeh in the oven for 20 minutes. Flip the tempeh over half way during the baking time.
- Boil the sushi rice according to the instructions on the package. Drain and stir the rice vinegar in. Divide over two bowls.
- Cut the cucumber and bell pepper into strips and grate the carrot. Cut the avocado into cubes.
- Divide the vegetables over the rice in the bowl. Put the tempeh on top. Sprinkle with some sesame seeds.
- Serve with extra soy sauce and optionally wasabi on the side.
*Bell pepper has been retested in 2022. Red bell pepper is low FODMAP up to 43 gram and green bell pepper is low FODMAP up to 75 gram per serving. If you are still in the elimination phase, I advise using green bell pepper.
**1/8 avocado per person is low FODMAP. If you tolerate sorbitol well, you can use a little more. I would then add 1/4 to 1/2 avocado per person.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Hawaiian
- Serving Size: 1 serving (1/2 of the recipe)
- Calories: 620
- Fat: 20
- Carbohydrates: 80
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 24
Keywords: poke, bowl, vegan, FODMAP, tempeh