Low FODMAP vegan poke bowl with tempeh
I have already shared a few poke bowl recipes on my blog, but I have never shared a recipe for a low FODMAP vegan poke bowl. Time to change that! Because even though I love a poke bowl with fish, you don’t really need fish to make a tasty poke bowl. I made a delicious poke bowl with marinated tempeh!
I baked the tempeh for this recipe in the oven. That makes it nice and crunchy and that is very tasty! I made a simple marinade for the tempeh with soy sauce, sesame oil and sesame seeds. For the rice, I used sushi rice because I like that most in a poke bowl. But if you don’t have any sushi rice, you can also just normal white rice or brown rice.
I finished the dish with my favourite poke bowl vegetables: carrot, cucumber, bell pepper, edamame beans and avocado. Avocado is limited low FODMAP: 1/8 avocado per person is low FODMAP. If you have tested avocado and know that you tolerate sorbitol well, you can use a little more. You can add any other low FODMAP veggies that you like. This is a perfect dish for using up any leftover veggies!
Will you let me know if you have made my low FODMAP vegan poke bowl with tempeh? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.
A low FODMAP vegan poke bowl with tempeh from the oven and a lot of veggies! Easy to make and super tasty! Gluten-free and lactose-free
- 160 g (5.6 oz) sushi rice
- 160 g (5.6 oz) tempeh
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 200 g (7 oz) cucumber
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper
- 1/2 medium-sized carrot
- 1/4 avocado*
- 100 g (3.5 oz) edamame beans
For the marinade
- 3 tbsp soy sauce (use gluten-free soy sauce if you have to eat strictly gluten-free, for the low FODMAP diet this is not necessary)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Cut the tempeh into small cubes. Mix the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl and add the tempeh. Stir together and leave to marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (390 F). Bake the tempeh in the oven for 20 minutes. Flip the tempeh over half way during the baking time.
- Boil the sushi rice according to the instructions on the package. Drain and stir the rice vinegar in. Divide over two bowls.
- Cut the cucumber and bell pepper into strips and grate the carrot. Cut the avocado into cubes.
- Divide the vegetables over the rice in the bowl. Put the tempeh on top. Sprinkle with some sesame seeds.
- Serve with extra soy sauce and optionally wasabi on the side.
*1/8 avocado per person is low FODMAP. If you tolerate sorbitol well, you can use a little more. I would then add 1/4 to 1/2 avocado per person.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Hawaiian
- Serving Size: 1 serving (1/2 of the recipe)
- Calories: 620
- Fat: 20
- Carbohydrates: 80
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 24
Keywords: low FODMAP vegan poke bowl, vegan poke bowl, low FODMAP poke bowl, poke bowl with tempeh
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!