Delicious low FODMAP Turkish lentil soup or mercimek corbasi. A delicious starter or lunch. Healthy, vegan, gluten-free and lactose-free.
- 150 g (3/4 cup) tomato, in cubes
- 1 medium potato
- 150 g (1 1/4 cup) carrots, sliced
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp Turkish pepper puree (or substitute an extra tbsp tomato puree)
- 180 g (6.3 oz) of canned lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1.5 liter stock (made with low FODMAP stock cubes)
- Optional: fresh mint to serve
- Optional: chili flakes (pul biber) to serve
- Optional: lemon wedges to serve
- Peel the tomatoes. I do this by making a cross in the back and placing them in a pan of boiled water for a few minutes. Then you can easily peel the skin off.
- Cut the tomatoes into pieces.
- Peel the carrots and potato and cut into cubes.
- Heat a tablespoon of garlic-infused olive oil in a soup pan. Add the tomato, carrot and potato and also paprika, chili powder and salt. Fry for a few minutes on low heat.
- Rinse the lentils well and drain. Stir together.
- Add stock, tomato paste and pepper puree. Stir together.
- Bring the soup to the boil, put the lid on the pan at an angle and let the soup simmer on low heat for 40 minutes.
- Puree the soup with a stick blender.
- Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if desired. Let it simmer for another 5 minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Serve the soup with fresh mint, chilli flakes and lemon wedges for a drizzle of lemon juice over the soup.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Category: Soup
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: Turkish
- Serving Size: 1 serving (1/4 of the recipe)
- Calories: 89
- Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 14
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 5
Keywords: low FODMAP Turkish lentil soup, Turkish lentil soup, mercimek corbasi, lentil soup