Low FODMAP Tofu Fried Rice
I have had this several times in the past year: I suddenly start to love things that I didn’t like to eat before and then I have a period where I eat it all the time. Right now, I am in a tofu phase.
The first times that I tried tofu, I didn’t manage to marinate it well and I didn’t like it at all. But some time ago, I visited Veggieworld in the Netherlands (this was an event for people who are interested in eating fewer animal products) and I ate the most delicious tofu there.
Because of that, I decided to try it again myself. A few weeks ago, I shared a recipe for scrambled tofu with you and today I have a recipe for a delicious low FODMAP tofu fried rice.
It was the best fried rice I ate in a long time, so it is worth a try!
At Veggieworld I tried smoked almond-sesame tofu from the brand Taifun. At first, I wanted to use this tofu for the recipe because it is so good and goes very well with fried rice.
But as this is a German brand, I am not sure about the availability in other countries, so I decided to use plain tofu for this recipe and I marinated it myself.
If you are not a fan of tofu, you can also make this recipe with chicken or add some scrambled eggs. Also when you leave the tofu out and just make the fried rice with veggies, it still is a delicious meal!Print
This low FODMAP tofu fried rice is to die for. Simple to make, but so good. Gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian and vegan
- 140 g (3/4 cup) white or wholegrain rice
- 200 g tofu (7 ounces), drained
- 150 g (1 1/2 cup) bok choy
- 150 g (1 1/4 cup) carrots, in slices
- 3 tbsp soy sauce*
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Optional: the green part of spring onion
- Pepper and salt
- Crumble the tofu into a bowl and add the soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir together and leave to marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- For fried rice, it is best if you use rice that has been cooked a day before. This makes it easier to fry the rice. You can also fry the rice at the moment that you are preparing this recipe, it might just be a little less crunchy. Boil the rice according to the instructions on the package, drain and set aside.
- Cut the bok choy and the carrots into small pieces.
- Heat some oil or baking spray in a pan and fry the tofu for about 10 minutes while you stir regularly. Add the carrot and fry for about five minutes. Finally, add the bok choy and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the turmeric and stir well. This gives your fried rice a beautiful yellow colour.
- Add the rice to the tofu and the vegetables in the pan and fry for a few minutes, while stirring continuously.
- You can now add some spring onion for garnish.
*Use gluten-free soy sauce if you have to eat strictly gluten-free.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 462
- Fat: 13
- Carbohydrates: 64
- Protein: 21
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.