Low FODMAP tacos with vegan minced meat
Last week, I shared a recipes for you for low FODMAP vegan minced meat. Minced “meat” made from canned lentils and walnuts.
A delicious meat replacer. Today, I have a recipe with it for you: low FODMAP tacos with vegan minced meat.
When I started blogging, I found out that what we call tacos in the Netherlands is not what is eating in Mexico when we speak about tacos. What we call tacos are hard shell tacos.
The soft corn tortillas are a bit more difficult to find and not so well known.
For this recipe, I used hard shell tacos, simply because I really like them, but you can easily replace them with corn tortillas. Whatever you prefer!
I love how versatile tacos are. You can stuff them with almost anything. The only thing that I find slightly annoying about hardshell tacos is how easy they break.
But over time I found a perfect solution for that. When my taco’s break, I simply turn my dish into a taco salad. I break the tacos into small pieces, mix it together with the filling and voila! Your meal will be just as delicious ánd easier to eat!Print
Low FODMAP tacos with vegan minced meat! A delicious homemade meat replacer in a taco. This recipe is also gluten-free and lactose-free.
- 12 to 16 hardshell tacos (depending on how much you eat)
- 1x the recipe for low FODMAP vegan minced meat*
- 2 tomatoes, in pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, in pieces
- 1/2 avocado, mashed**
- Optional: grated cheese or nutritional yeast flakes
- Bake the taco shells in the oven, according to the instructions on the package.
- Cut the tomatoes and the bell pepper into pieces. Mash the avocado and sprinkle with salt, pepper and optionally some lime juice.
- Prepare the vegan minced meat according to the instructions in the recipe. Add the paprika to the minced meat when you are heating it up and fry for a few minutes. You can also fry the tomato if you like that. I prefer eating tomato cold in a taco.
- Fill the taco shells with the minced meat mixture, tomato and mashed avocado. Top with grated cheese or nutritional yeast flakes and serve immediately.
*Make sure to stick to the serving size of the vegan minced meat. Canned lentils are limited low FODMAP. One serving of the minced meat is low FODMAP, but if you eat more than one serving, you go over the maximum allowed amount and this can cause stomach problems.
** 1/8 avocado per serving is low FODMAP. I used a bit more myself because I can tolerate 1/2 avocado per serving.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.