Low FODMAP stuffed pepper soup: all ingredients for stuffed peppers, but then in a soup. A filling meal soup! Gluten-free and lactose-free.
- 400 g (14 oz) lean minced meat
- 2 green (or red, see notes below recipe) bell peppers*
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed
- 400 – 500 ml (2 cups) stock made with a low FODMAP stock cube / powder
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 200 g (7 oz) brown rice
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Optional: grated cheese
- Optional: fresh cilantro or parsley
- Optional: extra jalapeño pepper for topping
- Cut the bell peppers in small pieces and the jalapeño pepper in rings.
- Heat a pan and fry the minced meat until brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the bell pepper and jalapeñ0 and fry for 3-4 minutes until they soften.
- Heat some oil in a soup pan. Add the minced meat, bell peppers and jalapeño to the pan. Add the stock, canned tomatoes and spices too. Stir through.
- Boil the soup for 15-20 minutes.
- Bring another pan with water to boil and boil the rice according to the instructions.
- Drain the rice and add to the soup. Taste the soup and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the soup with toppings of your choice, such as some grated cheese, fresh cilantro or parsley and slices of jalapeño pepper.
*In 2022, the low FODMAP amounts for tomato and red bell pepper have been changed. Both are high in fructose at a certain amount and therefore cannot be combined so easily anymore. You can adapt this recipe to still be low FODMAP if you use green bell pepper instead of red. If you are not in the elimination phase anymore and you know that you tolerate fructose well, you can continue to use red bell peppers in this recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Soup
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 1 serving (1/4 of the recipe)
- Calories: 410
- Fat: 14
- Carbohydrates: 43
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 25
Keywords: low FODMAP stuffed pepper soup, stuffed pepper soup, soup