Low FODMAP spring rolls with shrimps
In Eindhoven, we have a great food market since last year. I am totally crazy about the Vietnamese dishes that they sell there. Their rice noodle bowls and fresh spring rolls are low FODMAP and lately I have been eating them almost every week.
So fresh and also healthy! Because my visits to the food market are becoming a bit too common right now, I decided to make my own low FODMAP spring rolls with shrimps.
Deliciousss with all the fresh herbs, especially on warm days like these.Print
Fresh low FODMAP spring rolls with shrimps. Delicious spring rolls with a lot of vegetables, fresh herbs and shrimps. Healthy and fun to make. Also gluten-free and lactose-free.
- 8 rice paper wrappers
- 200 g shrimps
- 100 g grated carrot
- 100 g cucumber, in thin strips
- 100 g thin rice noodles
- Fresh mint and fresh cilantro to taste
- Optional: lettuce
- Optional: unsalted peanuts
- Soy sauce
- Fish sauce
- A splash of lemon juice
- Cut the vegetables into thin strips and prepare all ingredients for the spring rolls.
- I used frozen shrimps, so I first defrosted them and fried them.
- Boil the rice noodles according to the instructions on the package. Drain and leave to cool down.
- Fill a deep plate or dish with hot water. Immerse a rice paper wrapper into the water until it gets soft. Carefully take the rice paper wrapper out of the water and put onto a cutting board. Put the shrimps, vegetables, spices and rice noodles in the middle of the rice paper and roll up the paper. It is easiest to fold the sides in first. Repeat with remaining wrappers.
- I made the sauce by filling a small bowl with soy sauce (about 3-4 tbsp). I added 1 tbsp fish sauce, a splash of lemon juice and 1/2 tsp sugar and stirred together.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.