Spaghetti with spinach pesto and shrimps
The best ideas for recipes often come spontaneously. Last week on Saturday, I wanted to make a quick and easy pasta and I still had shrimps and spinach in the freezer.
Because I thought just spinach and shrimps would be a bit boring, I made a spinach pesto. This is super easy to make, but it immediately gives your dish a fancy twist.
The result was on the table within 20 minutes: low FODMAP spaghetti with spinach pesto and shrimps. Delish!Print
Low FODMAP spaghetti with spinach pesto and shrimps. A pasta dish that looks fancy, but is super easy to make. Making pesto from scratch may seem difficult, but this pesto is done within minutes. Super simple! This recipe is also gluten-free and lactose-free.
For the spinach pesto
- 200 g frozen spinach (thaw beforehand, you can also use 3 handfuls of fresh spinach)
- 30 g walnuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 40 g grated cheese
- Pepper and salt
For the pasta
- 160 – 200 g gluten-free spaghetti
- 200 g frozen shrimps (thaw beforehand)
- 200 g canned mushrooms*
- Boil the spaghetti according to the instructions on the package
- Put all ingredients for the pesto together in a bowl and make into a smooth pesto using a stick mixer. Season with pepper and salt.
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry the shrimps for a few minutes. Add the mushrooms and bake shortly.
- Finally add the pesto and heat for a few minutes.
- Drain the spaghetti and stir into the pesto sauce.
- Serve the pasta with some more grated cheese.
*Normal mushrooms are high in FODMAPs, but canned mushrooms are low FODMAP up to 110 g per serving. Drain the mushrooms and rinse well before using.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: International
Keywords: Low FODMAP pasta with shrimps, low FODMAP pasta with pesto, spinach pesto, low FODMAP pasta pesto
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.