A real American summer dessert in a bar! Low FODMAP S’Mores bars with chocolate chips. Gluten-free and with lactose-free option!
- 190 g (1 1/2 cup) gluten-free self-raising flour
- A pinch of salt
- 95 g (1 1/8 cup) gluten-free digestive cookies or graham crackers
- 180 g (1 cup) light brown sugar
- 180 g (3/4 cup) soft butter (you can also replace this with margarine for a lactose-free recipe)
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) almond milk
- 110 g (1 cup) marshmallow fluff
- 80 g (1/2 cup) dark chocolate chips
- A 20x20 cm (8x8 inch) square baking tin
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 F)
- Use a food processor to turn the cookies into crumbs or put the cookies into a plastic bag and smash them with a rolling pin.
- Layer the baking tin with baking parchment and grease the sides with some butter or oil.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until creamy.
- Add the egg and almond milk and mix.
inthe flour, salt and the cookie crumbs until a dough forms.
- Divide half of the dough (or 3/4) over the bottom of the baking tin and press it with your fingers.
- Divide the marshmallow fluff over the dough and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
- Divide the rest of the dough over the marshmallow fluff and press carefully with your fingers.
- Bake the low FODMAP S’Mores bars in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Leave the bars to cool completely before you take them out of the tin and cut them.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins