Low FODMAP salmon burgers
I have a very yummy and simple recipe for you today: low FODMAP salmon burgers! You can prepare these burgers in a few minutes with a can of pink salmon. Fry the burgers for a few minutes, put them on a gluten-free burger bun, add some toppings, some fries or potatoes on the side and voilà, you have a delicious dinner.
Rather make the low FODMAP salmon burger a little more fancy?
If you are not a fan of canned salmon, you can also use fresh salmon for the burgers. Instead of the can of salmon, you use 200 gram fresh salmon. Grind the salmon in a food processor and then follow the recipe below. Your mixture might be a little more wet, then you can simple add a little extra flour.
Low FODMAP burger buns
For this recipe, I used the gluten-free burger buns from Schär. These are low FODMAP certified. But you can basically use every low FODMAP bun that you like. If you tolerate spelt well, you can also use a spelt bun (I wouldn’t do this when you are still in the elimination phase).
When I buy gluten-free bread, like burger buns, I am always afraid that I will get a very dry bread, but these were lovely. I really thought they tasted like real burger buns.
When I am writing about these burgers, I already feel like making them again. They are so yummy. You should definitely give them a try!
Will you let me know if you have made my low FODMAP salmon burgers? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a reaction and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.Print
Low FODMAP salmon burgers
- Total Time: 20 min
- Servings: 2 1x
Delicious low FODMAP salmon burgers made with canned salmon! Yummy with some fries on the side. Gluten-free and lactose-free.
For the burgers (for 2 servings)
- 1 can of pink salmon (170 gram / 6 oz)*
- 1 egg yolk
- 2–4 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Optional: a few rings of the green part of a spring onion
*I choose to use a can of salmon without skin and bones because I really hate having to remove them myself. You can also use a can that has bones (usually cheaper) and remove them yourself.
For the mayonaise
- 1 tbsp mayonaise
- 1 tsp dill
- A splash of lemon juice
For topping the burger
- A few slices of pickles (make sure no garlic or onion has been added)
- A few slices of cucumber
- Iceberg lettuce
- 2 low FODMAP hamburger buns
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 F).
- Drain the salmon and put it into a bowl. Add all the ingredients for the burgers and season with pepper and salt. Mix everything together with your hands and form two burgers from the mixture. If the mixture is too wet, you can add some extra flour.
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry the burgers for about 4 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Warm the burger buns in the oven for 5-6 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients for the mayonaise together in a bowl. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the burger buns open and put the iceberg lettuce and slices of cucumber on the bun. Put the salmon burger on top and finish with the slices of pickles and the mayonaise.
- Great with some fries or baked potatoes!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
If you love burgers, definitely give the other low FODMAP burger recipes on the blog a try too!
- Low FODMAP mushroom burger
- Low FODMAP mozzarella burger
- Low FODMAP bacon cheeseburger
- Low FODMAP quinoa burgers
- Low FODMAP chicken burger
- Low FODMAP millet burgers
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!