Low FODMAP rolled pork loin with mushroom cream sauce
For me, a rolled pork loin is a real Christmas meal. It is not difficult to make, but it still looks festive and special. I had never made rolled pork loin myself before, so I really wanted to give it a try this year.
In my local supermarket, I found a rolled pork loin that was seasoned with only low FODMAP spices, so that was perfect. But you can also go to your local butcher and ask for rolled pork loin without spices.Print
Low FODMAP rolled pork loin with mushroom cream sauce. Perfect for a festive dinner! ✓ Gluten-free ✓ Lactose-free ✓ Holidays
- Take the pork loin out of the fridge about an hour before you are going to prepare it, so it can get to room temperature.
- Pre-heat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350 F).
- Make several small deep cuts in the pork loin with a knife. Be careful not to break the twine.
- Cut the rosemary and thyme into pieces of about 4 cm and stick these into the cuts.
- Heat the butter on high heat in the Dutch oven.
- Sprinkle the pork loin with pepper and salt. Fry the pork loin on high heat for about 4 minutes until it has browned on all sides. Turn it frequently.
- Put the Dutch oven with the pork loin into the oven without the lid and roast the pork loin for about 45-50 minutes.
- Turn the pork loin around every 15 minutes and put some of the baking fat on top. Like this you avoid that the pork loin gets dry.
- I used a meat thermometer to check if the pork loin was cooked. Take the pork loin out of the oven and insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the pork loin. If it shows a temperature between 60-64 degrees Celsius (140-147 degrees Fahrenheit) it is cooked. Be careful to let the temperature not go above 64 degrees Celsius because then your pork loin will get dry.
- In the meantime you can make the mushroom cream sauce according to this recipe.
- Take the pork loin from the oven and leave it to rest for 10 minutes in the Dutch oven with the lid on top.
- Remove the rolled pork loin from the pan and remove the twine. Cut the pork loin into slices.
- Serve with the mushroom cream sauce.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.