Deze blog bevat affiliatelinks. Lees hier meer over wat affiliatelinks zijn en waarom ik ze gebruik.
Low FODMAP roasted bell pepper soup
Note: since 2022 this recipe is not suitable for the elimination phase anymore*
If I want to make a simple Christmas dinner, I often pick soup as a starter. Soup is delicious, but often quick to maken and good to prepare.
And that is perfect if you don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen on Christmas day. Today I have a simple recipe for a low FODMAP roasted bell pepper soup. This recipe is also vegan, gluten-free and lactose-free.
You only need a handful of ingredients for this soup. I made the bell pepper soup with bell peppers, tomato, Italian herb mix, tomato paste and stock. You roast the bell peppers in the oven to give the soup a delicious roasted bell pepper flavour.
I love a creamy topping in a soup. I used the vegan oat fraiche by Oatly as a replacement for crème fraîche. You could also use another vegan cream substitute, if oat fraiche is not available where you live.
If you don’t mind this soup not being vegan, you can also use lactose-free crème fraîche. I served the soup with some slices of low FODMAP baguette.
*Note: in 2022 the low FODMAP amounts for tomatoes and red peppers have been adjusted. Both are now high in fructose at a fairly low amount, while previously they were unlimited low FODMAP. This recipe is therefore only suitable if you know that you tolerate fructose well. If you are still in the elimination phase or know that you are not good at fructose, I do not recommend making this recipe.Print
Low FODMAP roasted bell pepper soup
- Total Time: 40 min
- Servings: 4 1x
- Diet: Vegan
A delicious vegan soup for Christmas dinner: low FODMAP roasted bell pepper soup. Roasted bell peppers, tomato and a little oat fraiche as a topping. Gluten-free and lactose-free.
- 3 red bell peppers
- 2 tomatoes
- 700 ml (3 cups) stock (make sure to use a low FODMAP stock cube / stock powder)
- 70 g (2.5 oz) tomato paste
- 1 tsp Italian herbs
- A splash of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: oat fraiche or another vegan cream as a topping
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 F).
- Cut the bell peppers into slices and remove the seeds. Put on a baking sheet covered with baking parchment.
- Bake the bell peppers in the oven for 20-30 minutes, until the skin has darkened. Leave to cool down for a little bit and then peel off the skin.
- Cut the tomatoes and the bell peppers into pieces.
- Heat some olive oil in a soup pan and add the pieces of bell pepper and tomato. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the stock, tomato paste and Italian herbs and stir well.
- Bring the soup to a boil and leave to simmer for 20 minutes. Then blend the soup with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Taste the soup and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Optional: top with a teaspoon of vegan creme fraiche.
Note: in 2022 the low FODMAP amounts for tomatoes and red peppers have been adjusted. Both are now high in fructose at a fairly low amount, while previously they were unlimited low FODMAP. This recipe is therefore only suitable if you know that you tolerate fructose well. If you are still in the elimination phase or know that you are not good at fructose, I do not recommend making this recipe.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Starter
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 1 serving (1/4 of the recipe)
- Calories: 80
- Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 3
Keywords: vegan soup, low FODMAP soup, bell pepper soup, roasted bell pepper soup, christmas recipe
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
Laat je het me weten als je dit recept gemaakt hebt? Ik zou het heel leuk vinden als je me laat weten wat je van het recept vindt door hieronder een reactie en een rating achter te laten. Je kunt ook je creaties met me delen op Instagram door de hashtag #karlijnskitchen te gebruiken of door mij te taggen via @karlijnskitchen.