Low FODMAP quinoa salad with kale and sweet potato
Varying with my lunch is an ongoing struggle for me. Especially on working days, I have to be careful that I don’t eat the same thing every day.
I have been working from home since march and my boyfriend and I often go for a walk during our lunch break. When we come back, I often throw together a quick lunch in a few minutes before I get back behind my laptop.
Usually that means I eat a few sandwiches. But because I don’t want to eat only bread, I created another go-to lunch recipe: a vegan low FODMAP quinoa salad with kale and sweet potato.
This is not a lunch recipe that you can prepare in 5 minutes, but I try to prepare this lunch while I make dinner. I put the tray with sweet potato and chickpeas into the oven and boil the quinoa in a pan.
At the end of the baking time, you also put the kale in the oven for 10 minutes. Then you have prepared all the main ingredients for this salad and you can put it together very quickly.
I put all ingredients except for the dressing in a closed box and put this in the fridge. I usually make half of this recipe (the recipe is for 4 servings), so I can eat it for 2 days in a row.
I can’t get my boyfriend to eat it with me, too healthy I think 😉 But if you make it for 2 people, you can make 4 servings and both eat 2 days from it.Print
A vegan low FODMAP quinoa salad with kale, sweet potato and roasted chickpeas. Fiber-rich, healthy ánd tasty!
- 280 g (1.5 cups) quinoa
- 600 ml stock (2.5 cups)(use low FODMAP stock powder or cubes)
- 200 g (7 oz) curly kale, finely chopped (I buy it pre-cut)
- 200 g (7 oz) sweet potato, diced
- 160 g (5.6 oz) chickpeas, canned
- 400 g (14.1 oz) cucumber
- Olive oil
- Pepper and salt
- 40 g (1.4 oz) pecans, chopped
For the dressing
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pepper and salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (392 F).
- Bring the stock to a boil. Add the quinoa and boil according to the instructions on the package.
- Clean the sweet potato and cut into pieces. I left the peel on because it is high in fibers.
- Wash the chickpeas and drain well. Put into a bowl together with the sweet potato. Put into the oven for 30 minutes. Stir after 15 minutes.
- Add the kale on top of the sweet potato and chickpeas 10 minutes before the end of the baking time. Add a bit of olive oil and shake everything together well.
- Cut the cucumber into cubes.
- Mix all ingredients for the dressing together and season with salt and pepper.
- Chop the pecans.
- Put the quinoa into a bowl. Add the roasted vegetables, cucumber and pecans. Add the dressing and stir together. Taste and add some extra lemon juice, pepper and salt if necessary.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: Salad
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 561
- Fat: 23
- Carbohydrates: 67
- Fiber: 11
- Protein: 17
Keywords: low FODMAP quinoa salad, vegan quinoa salad, gluten-free quinoa salad, quinoa salad with kale
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.