Low FODMAP pumpkin potato mash
Today, I have a typical Dutch winter recipe for you: low FODMAP pumpkin potato mash! A vegetarian mash with pumpkin, goat cheese and pecans. Tasted and tested by my boyfriend. Why not by me personally, you might wonder? Well, let me explain.
99% of the recipes that I share on the blog are tasted and tested by me. I make all recipes myself and I find it a bit weird to share recipes on my blog that I don’t like myself. I like almost all foods, but there is thing that I really don’t eat and that is meals with mashed potatoes. I really don’t like the structure of mashed potatoes and I just cannot eat it.
But I don’t think the fact that I don’t like mashed potatoes should mean that I don’t share any recipes with it on the blog. Here in the Netherlands, potato mash is a very popular dish. We eat it as a full meal and it is called “stamppot”. I get a lot of questions to share low FODMAP potato mash recipes. Luckily, I have a boyfriend who loves mashed potatoes and also really likes “stamppot”. I created a potato mash recipe with delicious ingredients: pumpkin, potato, goat cheese, rocket lettuce and pecans. Quite funny, separately I love these ingredients, but when they are together in a mash, I don’t want them anymore 😉 My boyfriend has tried this recipe for me and decided whether it was tasty enough to share with you and luckily it was!
This dish is ready within 20 minutes, so it is ideal for a weekday!
Need some more potato mash inspiration?
Then also check out these recipes:
- Low FODMAP Asian-style potato mash with chicken
- Low FODMAP sweet potato mash with spinach and goat cheese
Will you let me know if you have made my low FODMAP pumpkin potato mash? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.Print
Low FODMAP pumpkin potato mash
- Total Time: 20 min
- Servings: 4 1x
- Diet: Vegetarian
A simple low FODMAP pumpkin potato mash! With rocket lettuce, goat cheese and pecans. Gluten-free and lactose-free.
- 800 g (28.2 oz) potato, peeled and diced
- 600 g (21.2 oz) pumpkin, diced
- 150 ml (1/2 cup + 2 tbsp) lactose-free milk
- 100 g (3.5 oz) rocket lettuce
- 125 g (4.4 oz) goat cheese
- 60 g (2.1 oz) pecans, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Peel the potatoes and cut the potato and pumpkin into cubes.
- Bring a pan with water to boil and boil the potato and pumpkin until the cubes have softened. Drain and put back into the pan together with the milk. Mash until you have smooth potato mash.
- Season the potato mash with the spices and crumble half of the goat cheese on top. Stir well.
- Add half of the rocket lettuce and stir in. Taste the potato mash and add some extra salt or pepper if necessary.
- Divide the rest of the rocket lettuce over 4 plates. Divide the potato mash on top.
- Crumble the rest of the goat cheese over the potato mash and also the pecan nuts.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: Dutch
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 430
- Fat: 21
- Carbohydrates: 42
- Fiber: 8
- Protein: 13
Keywords: pumpkin potato mash, Dutch potato mash, potato mash
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!