A delicious and healthy breakfast: low FODMAP polenta porridge with red fruits and almond shavings. Gluten-free, lactose-free and vegan.
- 40 g (1/4 cup) polenta (cornmeal)
- 240 ml (1 cup) rice milk (or another vegetable milk of your choice)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 25 g blueberries
- 25 g raspberries or strawberries
- Almond shavings for garnish
- Put the milk together with a pinch of salt into a pan and bring to a boil.
- When the milk is boiling, slowly add the polenta while you stir continuously. It is very important that you do not stop stirring because otherwise your porridge will be lumpy. After 2-3 minutes you will notice that the mixture gets thicker. If the porridge gets too thick, you can add a little bit of water.
- Stir some cinnamon and a tablespoon of maple syrup into the polenta porridge. Leave the porridge to simmer for 2 more minutes while you stir regularly.
- I used frozen fruits and therefore I heated them in a pan with a little bit of water. This turned it into a red fruits sauce. If you use fresh fruit, you don’t have to do this, but I really liked having a sauce.
- Put the polenta into a bowl and divide the fruit on top. Garnish with almond shavings and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 325
- Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 65
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 3
Keywords: porridge, polenta, gluten-free, FODMAP