Low FODMAP pasta salad with haloumi. Makes a perfect light dinner or side dish for a BBQ or picknick. Just 5 ingredients, vegetarian and gluten-free.
- 320 g gluten-free fusilli
- 2 green bell peppers*
- 150 g roma tomatoes*
- Black olives
- 200 g haloumi
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- A splash of lemon juice
- Pepper and salt
- Boil the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Drain the pasta, rinse and leave to cool down.
- Cut the tomatoes in 4 pieces, the bell peppers in slices and the haloumi in slices too.
- Heat some oil or baking spray in a grill pan. Grill the bell peppers and tomatoes for a few minutes until they have softened. Add some new oil or baking spray to the grill pan and grill the haloumi slices for a few minutes on each side.
- Cut the olives into slices.
- Put the pasta together with the grilled tomatoes, bell pepper and olives in a bowl. Add olive oil, a splash of lemon juice, pepper and salt and stir together.
- Put the slices of haloumi on top of the salad.
*Tomatoes and bell pepper have been retested in 2022 and are now limited low FODMAP. Green bell peppers contain fructans and are low FODMAP up to 75 gram per serving. Red bell peppers contain fructose and are low FODMAP up to 43 gram per serving. Tomatoes also contain fructose and are low FODMAP up to 65 gram per serving for normal tomatoes and 75 gram per serving for roma tomatoes. For this recipe I advise using green bell pepper and roma tomatoes to keep one serving low FODMAP.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: International