Low FODMAP pasta salad with haloumi
Do you know haloumi? This salty grill cheese is one of my favourite cheeses to add to a salad. And luckily haloumi is low FODMAP up to 50 g per serving.
If you can tolerate lactose, you can even add some more. I wanted to post some more recipes in the category “fast and easy” again. This category contains recipes with 6 ingredients or fewer.
I know that you always like simple recipes with a short ingredient list and I like them too! This low FODMAP pasta salad with haloumi has only 5 ingredients (I don’t count oil, lemon juice and spices) and is super tasty as a light dinner or as a side dish for a BBQ or picknick.Print
Low FODMAP pasta salad with haloumi. Makes a perfect light dinner or side dish for a BBQ or picknick. Just 5 ingredients, vegetarian and gluten-free.
- 320 g gluten-free fusilli
- 2 green bell peppers*
- 150 g roma tomatoes*
- Black olives
- 200 g haloumi
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- A splash of lemon juice
- Pepper and salt
- Boil the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Drain the pasta, rinse and leave to cool down.
- Cut the tomatoes in 4 pieces, the bell peppers in slices and the haloumi in slices too.
- Heat some oil or baking spray in a grill pan. Grill the bell peppers and tomatoes for a few minutes until they have softened. Add some new oil or baking spray to the grill pan and grill the haloumi slices for a few minutes on each side.
- Cut the olives into slices.
- Put the pasta together with the grilled tomatoes, bell pepper and olives in a bowl. Add olive oil, a splash of lemon juice, pepper and salt and stir together.
- Put the slices of haloumi on top of the salad.
*Tomatoes and bell pepper have been retested in 2022 and are now limited low FODMAP. Green bell peppers contain fructans and are low FODMAP up to 75 gram per serving. Red bell peppers contain fructose and are low FODMAP up to 43 gram per serving. Tomatoes also contain fructose and are low FODMAP up to 65 gram per serving for normal tomatoes and 75 gram per serving for roma tomatoes. For this recipe I advise using green bell pepper and roma tomatoes to keep one serving low FODMAP.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: International
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.