A classic low FODMAP creamy chicken pesto pasta. A delicious fast dinner! Ready in 20 min. Gluten-free & low lactose.
- 160 g (5.6 oz) gluten-free penne or another kind of pasta
- 250 g (8.8 oz) chicken thigh or breast
- 120 g (4.2 oz) zucchini
- 200 g (7.1 oz) oyster mushrooms or canned mushrooms
- 80 g (2.8 oz) cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp low FODMAP pesto
- 90 g (3.2 oz) lactose-free crème fraîche
- Grated cheese to taste
- Make the pesto with this recipe. Set aside.
- Bring a pan with water to boil and cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Cut the chicken thigh into pieces. Heat some oil in a pan and fry the chicken, while you stir regularly until cooked on all sides.
- Cut the zucchini and oyster mushrooms into pieces. If you use canned mushrooms, make sure that you drain and rinse them well.
- Add the vegetables to the chicken and fry for a few minutes until the zucchini has softened. Season with pepper, salt, and oregano.
- Cut the tomatoes in half, add them and fry them for 2 minutes.
- Add 4 tbsp of the pesto and crème fraîche to the pan. Stir together and leave to simmer for a few minutes until the sauce is warm.
- Drain the pasta and divide the pasta over two plates. Put the chicken pesto sauce on top and garnish the low FODMAP pasta pesto with some grated cheese to taste.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 785
- Fat: 37
- Carbohydrates: 74
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 34
Keywords: gluten-free chicken pesto pasta, low FODMAP chicken pesto pasta, creamy chicken pesto pasta