Low FODMAP creamy chicken pesto pasta
I am a huge fan of pesto and this recipe for low FODMAP chicken pesto pasta was still missing on the blog.
Here in the Netherlands, this is a very popular go-to recipe. When I was a student, this was one of our favorite simple meals to make.
You buy some chicken, some veggies, some cream, and some pesto and you are good to go. This meal is on the table in 20 minutes, so it also doesn’t take much time.
How to make chicken pesto pasta?
This recipe is very easy to make. The only thing that takes a little extra time, is that you have to make your low FODMAP pesto from scratch.
But believe me, that will only make this dish tastier. This is what you need:
- Gluten-free penne or another kind of pasta. Just pick what you prefer.
- Chicken thigh or chicken breast.
- Vegetables: I use zucchini, oyster mushrooms, and a few cherry tomatoes. Stick to the amounts used in this recipe: zucchini and cherry tomatoes are both limited low FODMAP.
If you use the amounts in this recipe you stay within the safe serving size.
- Low FODMAP pesto: made using the recipe on my blog.
- Lactose-free crème fraîche
Now you just have to fry the chicken, add the veggies and add the pesto and lactose-free crème fraîche. And then your low FODMAP creamy chicken pesto pasta is ready to eat!
Then also check out these low FODMAP recipes with pesto:
- Pasta pesto salad with goat cheese
- Spaghetti with shrimps and pesto
- Pasta pesto with carpaccio
- Risotto with spinach pesto
- Fried gnocchi with pesto
- Risotto with pesto and tomatoes
A classic low FODMAP creamy chicken pesto pasta. A delicious fast dinner! Ready in 20 min. Gluten-free & low lactose.
- 160 g (5.6 oz) gluten-free penne or another kind of pasta
- 250 g (8.8 oz) chicken thigh or breast
- 120 g (4.2 oz) zucchini
- 200 g (7.1 oz) oyster mushrooms or canned mushrooms
- 80 g (2.8 oz) cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp low FODMAP pesto
- 90 g (3.2 oz) lactose-free crème fraîche
- Grated cheese to taste
- Make the pesto with this recipe. Set aside.
- Bring a pan with water to boil and cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Cut the chicken thigh into pieces. Heat some oil in a pan and fry the chicken, while you stir regularly until cooked on all sides.
- Cut the zucchini and oyster mushrooms into pieces. If you use canned mushrooms, make sure that you drain and rinse them well.
- Add the vegetables to the chicken and fry for a few minutes until the zucchini has softened. Season with pepper, salt, and oregano.
- Cut the tomatoes in half, add them and fry them for 2 minutes.
- Add 4 tbsp of the pesto and crème fraîche to the pan. Stir together and leave to simmer for a few minutes until the sauce is warm.
- Drain the pasta and divide the pasta over two plates. Put the chicken pesto sauce on top and garnish the low FODMAP pasta pesto with some grated cheese to taste.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 785
- Fat: 37
- Carbohydrates: 74
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 34
Keywords: gluten-free chicken pesto pasta, low FODMAP chicken pesto pasta, creamy chicken pesto pasta
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.