On the blog you can find several recipes with pesto already, such as pasta pesto salad with goat cheese, spaghetti with shrimps and pesto, pasta pesto with carpaccio, risotto with spinach pesto and fried gnocchi with pesto. All very popular recipes on the blog. You are clearly fans of pesto and I am too, I love it! The most popular classic recipe, low FODMAP pasta pesto with chicken, was still missing on the blog. That’s the recipe that I am sharing with you today. This is the ideal recipe for a FODMAP beginner. You can prepare it within 20 minutes, it is very easy to make and everybody likes it. Making something tasty quickly is also possible on the low FODMAP diet!
I use a tube of basil paste in this recipe, from the brand Santa Maria. I am not sure if this brand is also available in other countries, if it isn’t you could look for a pesto without onion and garlic instead or just make a simple pesto from scratch. You can use the pesto recipe in the recipe for this pasta salad.
Will you let me know if you make my low FODMAP pasta pesto with chicken? I would love it if you would share your thoughts with me!
A classic low FODMAP pasta pesto with chicken. A delicious fast dinner! Ready in 20 min. Gluten-free, lactose-free and vegetarian option
- 160 g gluten-free spaghetti or penne
- 250 g chicken breast (for a vegetarian version you can use a low FODMAP meat replacement, such as Quorn pieces)
- 120 g zucchini
- 200 g oyster mushrooms or canned mushrooms
- 1 tsp oregano
- Pepper and salt
- 4 tbsp low FODMAP pesto
- 90 g lactose-free crème fraîche
- Grated cheese to taste
- Bring a pan with water to boil and cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Cut the chicken breast into pieces. Heat some oil in a pan and fry the chicken, while you stir regularly, until cooked on all sides.
- Cut the zucchini and oyster mushrooms into pieces. If you use canned mushrooms, make sure that you drain and rinse them well.
- Add the vegetables to the chicken and fry for a few minutes until the zucchini has softened. Season with pepper, salt and oregano.
- Make the pesto with this recipe.
- Add 4 tbsp of pesto and the crème fraîche to the pan. Stir together and leave to simmer for a few minutes until the sauce is warm.
- Drain the pasta and divide the pasta over two plates. Put the chicken-pesto sauce on top and garnish the low FODMAP pasta pesto with some grated cheese to taste.
Instead of the zucchini and mushrooms you can also use other low FODMAP veggies, such as 150 g bell pepper or cherry tomatoes.
- Prep Time: 20 min
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!