Low FODMAP pasta pesto with carpaccio
I am crazy about pesto and I also love carpaccio. I just never combined the two of them together in a recipe and ohh man, I am so happy that I gave that a try! I made a low FODMAP pasta pesto with carpaccio and that was so so so good.
This recipe is incredibly simple. It only costs a bit more time because you have to make your own pesto (unfortunately there are hardly any low FODMAP pestos available in the supermarket, at least, not where I live).
Next to the pesto you just need carpaccio, some veggies for in the pasta (I choose canned mushrooms and bell pepper) and pasta. And extra cheese of course, never forget the extra cheese. If you are in a hurry on the day that you are making this pasta, you can also prepare the pesto the day before. You can easily store the pesto in the fridge for about 4 days.
Will you let me know if you make my low FODMAP pasta pesto with carpaccio? I would love it if you would share your creations with me using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen on Instagram or by tagging me at @karlijnskitchen
Low FODMAP pasta pesto with carpaccio! Homemade pesto and carpaccio make an amazing combination of flavours. A gluten-free pasta that everybody will love!
- 160 g gluten-free pasta
- 200 g canned mushrooms
- 1 bell pepper
- 200 g carpaccio
- 2 tbsp low FODMAP pesto (click for the recipe)
- Extra parmesan cheese
- Mak the pesto with this recipe.
- Boil the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Drain the mushrooms and rinse well. Cut the bell pepper into pieces.
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry the mushrooms and bell pepper for a few minutes. Add 2 tbsp of pesto and stir together.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan. Stir everything together. Turn off the heat.
- Tear the carpaccio into pieces and stir this into the pasta.
- Divide the pasta over two plates and sprinkle some extra parmesan on top.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!