This low FODMAP pasta pesto salad is delicious for a barbeque, dinner party or Easter brunch! Gluten-free and cow’s milk free.
- 200 g gluten-free pasta
- 100 g roma tomatoes*
- 60 g soft goat cheese
- 2 tbsp low FODMAP pesto (click for the recipe)
- Optional: rocket lettuce
For the pesto
- 15 g fresh basil, stems removed
- 20 g pine nuts
- 30 g parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Pepper and salt
- Boil the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Make the pesto with this recipe.
- Cut the tomatoes into pieces.
- Drain the pasta and stir 2 tbsp of pesto through the pasta.
- I prefer eating the salad when it is still lukewarm, so I immediately added the other ingredients and ate it. You can also leave the pasta to cool down and eat it cold.
- Divide the tomatoes on top and crumble the goat cheese on top. Serve on top of some rocket lettuce.
*In 2022 tomatoes have been retested and are now limited low FODMAP. Roma tomatoes are low FODMAP up to 75 gram per serving, common tomatoes up to 65 gram per serving. Cherry tomatoes are low FODMAP in even a smaller amount. Therefore I advise using common or roma tomatoes.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Toss
- Cuisine: International
Keywords: pasta, salad, tomatoes, goat cheese, pesto, vegetarian, FODMAP