A vegetarian low FODMAP pasta casserole with pesto and mozzarella. Simple to make. Gluten-free and low lactose.
- 300 g (3 cups) gluten-free fusilli
- 4 tomatoes*
- 300 g (4 1/4 cup) broccoli*
- 2 red bell peppers*
- 4 tbsp low FODMAP pesto (click for the recipe)
- 125 g (1/2 cup) lactose-free crème fraîche
- 125 g (1/2 cup) mozzarella
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 F).
- Cut the tomatoes and the bell peppers into cubes and cut the broccoli into florets.
- Boil the fusilli according to the instructions on the package. Boil the broccoli too. I usually add the broccoli to the pasta after a few minutes, so the broccoli can boil with the pasta for five minutes. Drain and put aside.
- Fry the pieces of bell pepper in a frying pan with some olive oil shortly until softened.
- Make the pesto with this recipe.
- Add the bell pepper to the broccoli and pasta and stir in the crème fraîche, pieces of tomato and 4 tbsp of pesto. Stir together. Taste and season with pepper and salt.
- Transfer to an oven dish and sprinkle the mozzarella on top.
- Put the casserole in the oven for 15 minutes.
*Note: in 2022, red bell pepper and tomatoes have been retested. They are both limited low FODMAP now and are high in fructose at quite small amounts. As this recipe also contains broccoli (which is also limited low FODMAP for fructose), these three vegetables cannot be combined. If you are still in the elimination phase or know that you react to fructose, I advice leaving the bell pepper and tomatoes out and replacing them with other low FODMAP vegetables. Such as zucchini (up to 60 gram per serving), oyster mushrooms or carrots.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 serving (1/4)
- Calories: 613
- Fat: 30
- Carbohydrates: 63
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 20
Keywords: low FODMAP casserole, low FODMAP pasta casserole, pasta pesto, pasta pesto casserole