Low FODMAP pasta casserole with pesto
Pasta pesto has been one of my favourite pasta dishes for a long time. On my blog, you can find several pasta pesto dishes. This pasta pesto with chicken, pasta pesto with carpaccio and this pasta salad with pesto.
In winter, I always love to make past casseroles and I had never made a low FODMAP pasta pesto casserole before. So that’s what I did for this recipe!
The ingredients of the low FODMAP pasta casserole with pesto
I chose to make a vegetarian pasta pesto casserole with homemade low FODMAP pesto. If you can find a ready-made low FODMAP pesto in the supermarket, you could also use that.
Do you want to add meat to this dish? The casserole also tastes great when you add some chicken. Cut chicken breast into pieces and fry it until completely cooked. Then add the paprika and fry until soft. Follow the rest of the instructions normally.
Mozzarella hardly contains any lactose and therefore is low FODMAP. For most people, the amount of mozzarella used in this recipe won’t cause any trouble. In my blog about cheese and the low FODMAP diet, you can read more about this.
Will you let me know if you have made my low FODMAP pasta casserole with pesto? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a reaction and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.Print
A vegetarian low FODMAP pasta casserole with pesto and mozzarella. Simple to make. Gluten-free and low lactose.
- 300 g (3 cups) gluten-free fusilli
- 4 tomatoes
- 300 g (4 1/4 cup) broccoli
- 2 red bell peppers
- 4 tbsp low FODMAP pesto (click for the recipe)
- 125 g (1/2 cup) lactose-free crème fraîche
- 125 g (1/2 cup) mozzarella
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 F).
- Cut the tomatoes and the bell peppers into cubes and cut the broccoli into florets.
- Boil the fusilli according to the instructions on the package. Boil the broccoli too. I usually add the broccoli to the pasta after a few minutes, so the broccoli can boil with the pasta for five minutes. Drain and put aside.
- Fry the pieces of bell pepper in a frying pan with some olive oil shortly until softened.
- Make the pesto with this recipe.
- Add the bell pepper to the broccoli and pasta and stir in the crème fraîche, pieces of tomato and 4 tbsp of pesto. Stir together. Taste and season with pepper and salt.
- Transfer to an oven dish and sprinkle the mozzarella on top.
- Put the casserole in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 serving (1/4)
- Calories: 613
- Fat: 30
- Carbohydrates: 63
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 20
Keywords: low FODMAP casserole, low FODMAP pasta casserole, pasta pesto, pasta pesto casserole
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!