Low FODMAP passion fruit cheesecake in a glass
If I say summer dessert, what do you say? Cheesecake! Okay, I must say ice cream is also a very good summer dessert, but cheesecake is high on my favourites list too. Especially when it is a fruity cheesecake. And this low FODMAP passion fruit cheesecake in a glass is! Perfect to end a barbecue or picknick with.
This blogpost contains affiliate links. This means that I will get a small compensation when you buy something through one of these links. This doesn’t cost you anything extra, but you help Karlijn’s Kitchen with it!
The ingredients of the mini cheesecakes
I prefer using a simple basis for no-bake cheesecake recipes: a plain cookie for the bottom, lactose-free cream cheese, whipping cream and some sugar for the cheesecake layer and a good topping. Everything you need for a delicious dessert! These are the ingredients that I used:
- Gluten-free digestives: for the bottom of the mini cheesecakes, I used the gluten-free digestives cookies from Schär. These cookies are FODMAP-certified, so also suitable for the FODMAP diet. I think these digestives are a great plain gluten-free and low FODMAP option to use for a cheesecake crust, but you can also use another plain low FODMAP cookie that you like.
- Lactose-free cream cheese: you can use any lactose-free cream cheese you prefer.
- Lactose-free whipping cream: you can use any lactose-free whipping cream. Make sure that you cool the whipping cream well before you are going to use it. Otherwise it might not be so easy to whip and it will stay too soft.
- Passion fruit curd: I made my own passion fruit curd for the topping. So yummy! If you want to vary, you can also use lemon curd. Or if you don’t feel like making curd yourself, you can buy it in the store. Just make sure that it doesn’t contain any high FODMAP ingredients.
- Glasses: I served my low FODMAP passion fruit cheesecakes in low water glasses. I found it quite hard to find suitable glasses, but I ended up buying these from Bodega.
Will you let me know if you have made my low FODMAP passion fruit cheesecake in a glass? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.Print
A delicious summer dessert: low FODMAP passion fruit cheesecake in a glass! Made with gluten-free digestives and homemade passion fruit curd. Gluten-free and lactose-arm.
- 8 gluten-free digestives or another similar cookie + 2 cookies for garnish
- 200 g (7 oz) lactose-free cream cheese
- 50 g (1/4 cup) sugar
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) lactose-free whipping cream (make sure it is cooled well)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 small glasses (I use these)
For the passion fruit curd
- 125 g (4.4 oz) passion fruit pulp (fresh or frozen, defrost before using)
- 125 g (2/3 cup) sugar
- 100 g (1/2 cup) butter, at room temperature
- 3 egg yolks
- Crumble the 8 digestives and divide them over four glasses*
- Mix the cream cheese with the sugar and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Whip up the whipping cream in another bowl.
- Carefully fold the whipping cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture over the glasses and put in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set. You can also leave them overnight.
The passion fruit curd
- Put the passion fruit pulp, sugar and butter together in a pan. Heat on low heat until the sugar and butter have melted. Stir regularly.
- Whip the egg yolks in a separate bowl.
- Carefully pour the passion fruit mixture into the bowl with the yolks, little by little, while you stir continuously.
- If you have stirred everything through, you can pour the mixture back into the pan. Bring the mixture to a boil on low heat. Leave to boil for a few minutes until the curd thickens. Keep stirring regularly. Turn the heat off and pour the passion fruit curd into a jar. Leave to cool down completely.
- Scoop a tablespoon of passion fruit curd on top of each mini cheesecake right before serving. Crumble the two digestives on top of the mini cheesecakes.
*If you want the crust to be a bit less crumbly, you can mix the cookie crumbs with 30 gram melted butter. This will allow you to press the crust into the glasses and form a more fixed crust. I like having just crumbles because you often mix them with the cream cheese mixture anyway when you eat, but it is just what you prefer.
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: low FODMAP cheesecake, mini cheesecake, no bake cheesecake, cheesecake in a glass, passion fruit cheesecake, passion fruit curd
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!