Low FODMAP Nutella! A hazelnut spread with real ingredients, little sugar and a delicious hazelnut flavour. Low FODMAP, gluten free, dairy free, vegan.
- 100 g hazelnuts
- 100 g pecans
- 20 g cacao (2 tbsp)
- 30 g rice syrup or maple syrup
- 30 g coconut oil, melted
- 80 ml dairy-free milk, I used unsweetened almond milk
- A pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 F)
- Bake the hazelnuts and pecans in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove the skins from the hazelnuts (or buy skinless hazelnuts).
- Put the nuts into a food processor (I used a hand blender, as I don’t have a food processor. This is a bit more difficult, but it still works) and make them into a paste. It takes about 10 minutes to get a smooth paste.
- Add the cacao, rice syrup, coconut oil, salt or half of the milk.
- Mix again, until you have a smooth paste. If the Nutella is still too thick, add the other half of the milk. If you are happy with the consistency of the Nutella, leave the rest of the milk out.
- Store the Nutella in a closed jar in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 35 mins