Low FODMAP nachos with minced meat, corn, tomato, crème fraiche and of course lots of melted cheese. Great for a party! Lactose-free and gluten-free.
- 1 bag of tortilla chips (150 g)
- 300 g lean minced beef
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (use a bit more if you like spicy)
- Pepper and salt
- 1 can of tomato paste (68 g)
- 100 g grated cheese
- 1 tomato
- 2 stalks of spring onion (only the green part)
- Optional: fresh cilantro
- Optional: 60 g fresh corn (canned corn kernels are only low FODMAP up to 10 g per serving)
- 100 – 150 g lactose-free crème fraiche / cream cheese / sour cream (if available)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Fry the minced meat until done. Add all spices and pepper and salt to taste. Add the tomato paste and stir everything together. Fry for another 2 minutes. Taste the meat and add some extra spices if necessary.
- Layer a baking sheet with baking parchment. Divide the tortilla chips over the bottom. Cover it with the minced meat and the corn, if using, and divide the grated cheese on top. Put the nachos in the oven for 5 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- In the meantime, cut the tomato into very small pieces. Cut the spring onion into rings and chop the cilantro.
- Take the nachos from the oven and top them with tomato, spring onion and cilantro. Serve with the crème fraiche.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins