Low FODMAP Nachos
Nachos, ahhh. If there is something that you can give me at any moment of the day, it is nachos. Preferably with seasoned minced meat and a thick layer of melted cheese. Yes, you make me very happy with this. Also at a party you can definitely please your guests with a large tray of nachos and therefore I decided to make low FODMAP nachos for New Year’s Eve.
These low FODMAP nachos are exactly what you think about when you think of a platter of nachos: tortilla chips with seasoned minced meat, corn, tomato, melted cheese, spring onions, some fresh cilantro and crème fraîche. So good! Usually, nachos are served with sour cream, but because I didn’t find a lactose-free sour cream here in the Netherlands, I used crème fraîche instead. Crème fraîche and sour cream actually are exactly the same, but crème fraîche contains more fat than sour cream does and is, therefore, better to use in warm dishes. The taste does not really differ though. I used lactose-free crème fraîche from MinusL. This is available in several European countries. If you can’t find it you can also substitute it for lactose-free cream cheese, that is yummy too!
Will you let me know if you have made my low FODMAP nachos? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a reaction and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.Print
Low FODMAP nachos with minced meat, corn, tomato, crème fraiche and of course lots of melted cheese. Great for a party! Lactose-free and gluten-free.
- 1 bag of tortilla chips (150 g)
- 300 g lean minced beef
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (use a bit more if you like spicy)
- Pepper and salt
- 1 can of tomato paste (68 g)
- 100 g grated cheese
- 1 tomato
- 2 stalks of spring onion (only the green part)
- Optional: fresh cilantro
- Optional: 60 g fresh corn (canned corn kernels are only low FODMAP up to 10 g per serving)
- 100 – 150 g lactose-free crème fraiche / cream cheese / sour cream (if available)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Fry the minced meat until done. Add all spices and pepper and salt to taste. Add the tomato paste and stir everything together. Fry for another 2 minutes. Taste the meat and add some extra spices if necessary.
- Layer a baking sheet with baking parchment. Divide the tortilla chips over the bottom. Cover it with the minced meat and the corn, if using, and divide the grated cheese on top. Put the nachos in the oven for 5 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- In the meantime, cut the tomato into very small pieces. Cut the spring onion into rings and chop the cilantro.
- Take the nachos from the oven and top them with tomato, spring onion and cilantro. Serve with the crème fraiche.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins