A simple low FODMAP mushroom cream sauce. Homemade! Delicious with meat dishes or as a pasta sauce. ✓Gluten-free ✓ Lactose-free ✓ Vegetarian
- 35 g butter
- 250 g canned mushrooms
- 25 g gluten-free flour
- 200 ml stock (use a low FODMAP stock cube)
- 150 ml lactose-free heavy whipping cream
- Heat the butter in a pan.
- Rinse the mushrooms and drain them well.
- Add the mushrooms to the butter and fry them for a few minutes.
- Lower the heat and add the flour while you stir. Stir the flour through the mushrooms.
- Slowly pour the stock into the pan while you keep stirring continuously. Leave the sauce to simmer until it reaches your desired thickness. Stir regularly to avoid the sauce from getting lumpy.
- Finally stir the whipping cream into the sauce and heat for a few more minutes. Season with pepper and salt.
- Great as a pasta sauce or a sauce for meat dishes.
- Prep Time: 20 min