Low FODMAP mushroom burger
In one of my favourite lunch places, they serve a vegetarian mushroom burger. My sister and I go there quite often and she is totally crazy about that mushroom burger. It is a burger made with several kinds of mushrooms with mayonnaise and parmesan cheese. I am just as crazy about mushrooms as she is, but because this burger is not low FODMAP, I could never try it. Time to make my own low FODMAP mushroom burger! As fodmappers, we have two kinds of mushrooms that we can eat: canned mushrooms and oyster mushrooms. I used those to make a low FODMAP mushroom burger.
And boy was this experiment successful. I love love love these mushroom burgers. I had to stop myself from eating the four burgers that I made all at once. I had one for dinner on the day that I made them, one for lunch the day after and the next evening I actually wanted to eat them again. They are just so good!
Will you let me know if you have made my low FODMAP mushroom burger? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a reaction and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.Print
A low FODMAP mushroom burger! A delicious vegetarian burger made with two kinds of mushrooms. Also gluten-free and lactose-free.
- 250 g canned mushrooms (2 1/2 cups) or 125 g canned mushrooms and 125 g oyster mushrooms
- 30 g (1/4 cup) walnuts
- 40 g (1/2 cup) low FODMAP bread crumbs
- 100 g (1 cup) grated cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp oatmeal
- Mayonnaise to taste
- Lettuce to taste
- 4 low FODMAP buns
- Drain the mushrooms and rinse them well.
- Heat some oil in a pan. You can use low FODMAP garlic-infused olive oil for extra flavour. Fry the mushrooms for a few minutes until they start to brown slightly. Season with pepper and salt. Turn off the heat and leave them to cool.
- Put the mushrooms and the walnuts into a food processor and pulse until you have a crumbly mixture. Add the bread crumbs, half of the grated cheese and the egg. Pulse again until everything is mixed.
- You can now shape the mixture into burgers. The mixture might be a little too wet. If that is the case you can add 1 tbsp oatmeal or some extra bread crumbs. Form 4 burgers from the mixture.
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry the burgers for about 4 minutes until they have browned on both sides.
- Divide some lettuce over the buns. Put a mushroom burger on top of the lettuce. Spread some mayonnaise on top and sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
- Great with a salad or some potatoes or fries on the side.
- Prep Time: 30 min
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!