I had never eaten miso soup before, but it was on my list to try for years. When I found out that I could buy a miso paste in the supermarket that was low FODMAP, I didn’t have an excuse to make it anymore. Making your own miso paste is not so simple, but with a ready-made paste, you can prepare the low FODMAP miso soup within 20 minutes!
I bought the miso paste from the brand Lima in the Netherlands, this is is a miso paste with a base of rice and soy beans. This kind of miso paste is called shiro miso. There are other kinds of miso pastes, but they usually contain high FODMAP ingredients, such as barley. This is an example of a shiro miso paste on Amazon. Soy beans are normally not low FODMAP, but some forms of processed soy beans are low FODMAP. This is the case with tofu, but also with fermented soy products, such as tempeh and miso paste. With shiro miso paste you can make a simple soup very quickly that is gluten-free, lactose-free, vegan ánd low FODMAP.
Will you let me know if you make my low FODMAP miso soup? I would love it if you would share your thoughts with me!
This blog contains affiliate links. In my affiliate disclaimer you can read more about what affiliate links are and why I use them on my blog.Print
Low FODMAP miso soup! A super quick soup that you can prepare in 15 minutes. Low FODMAP, vegan, gluten-free and lactose-free
- 80 g shiro miso paste
- 1 liter water
- 200 g tofu
- 400 g oyster mushrooms
- 2 stalks of spring onion (only the green part)
- Put the water into a pan and bring to a boil.
- Clean the oyster mushrooms and cut them into pieces. Cut the spring onion into rings.
- Drain the tofu well and cut into cubes.
- Put the miso into a bowl and add a little bit of hot water. Stir together until you have a smooth mixture.
- Add the oyster mushrooms, spring onion and tofu to the soup and leave to boil for 10 minutes.
- Finally add the miso paste and stir everything together. Taste the soup and season with pepper and salt if necessary. Leave to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Miso paste contains a moderate amount of fructans from 75 gram per serving or more. Therefore it is important to watch your serving size. This recipe makes four servings. That means 20 gram of miso paste per serving and that is far below 75 gram.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!