Low FODMAP melon salad
With the warm weather that we have been having in the past few weeks, I notice that I am less hungry than usually and I also don’t feel like spending a lot of time in the kitchen.
Last weekend I planned to make a slightly more difficult recipe for Karlijn’s Kitchen, but the thermometer showed a temperature of 26 degrees Celsius inside the house and I really didn’t feel like cooking. I ended up quickly throwing together a simple melon salad, with the thought that I would make the recipe for my blog another time.
But this simple recipe turned out to be so good, that I really want to share it with you! This low FODMAP melon salad is perfect as a light lunch (or dinner if you don’t feel like eating much), but also makes a great side dish for a BBQ or picknick.
I chose to make a vegetarian melon salad, but if you would like to add some meat: parma ham is a perfect addition to this salad!Print
A low FODMAP melon salad with only 6 ingredients. Delicious for lunch or as a sidedish for a BBQ or picknick. Gluten-free, vegetarian and low in lactose.
- 150 g lettuce
- 400 g melon, honeydew
- A cucumber
- 100 g white cheese (I used Turkish white cheese, beyaz peynir, but feta will do too)
- A handful of walnuts, chopped
- A splash of balsamic vinegar or pomegranate syrup (I buy this in the Turkish supermarket)
- Chop the lettuce, rinse and drain. Put into a bowl.
- Cut the melon and cucumber into pieces and add it to the lettuce in the bowl.
- Chop the walnuts, crumble the white cheese and add both to the bowl.
- Sprinkle the salad with a bit of pepper, salt and a splash of balsamic vinegar. Mix together and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.