Low FODMAP lemon risotto
I always see risotto more as a recipe for autumn and winter. For me, it is real comfort food and I love eating it on the couch under a blanket.
But as we are officially still in summer, I wanted to make a summer risotto recipe and that is what this low FODMAP lemon risotto is!
This risotto is super fresh and tangy and delicious to serve with a green salad on the side. Fish also goes very well with it. I made a green salad and shrimp skewers for on the side.Print
A fresh summer risotto with parmesan cheese and fresh basil. Delicious with a green salad and some fish. Gluten-free and lactose-free.
- 150 g risotto rice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 500 ml stock (I used a low FODMAP stock cube)
- Optional: 50 ml white wine (if you don’t use wine, use 50 ml extra stock)
- A cube of butter
- 30 g parmesan cheese + extra for garnish
- Fresh basil
- Make the stock by boiling 600 ml water and dissolving a stock cube in it. Turn off the heat.
- Heat some olive oil in the pan. Add the risotto rice and the zest of 1 lemon. Stir until the rice becomes glossy.
- Add the white wine if you use it and wait until it has evaporated. Continue to stir the rice, to avoid it from sticking to the pan.
- Use a soup spoon to add a spoonful of stock. Wait until this has evaporated and add another spoonful. Continue until you have used all the stock and the risotto has softened. Continue to stir.
- When the rice is almost done, add a cube of butter, the lemon juice and the parmesan cheese. Stir together, taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fresh basil and some extra parmesan cheese.
- Serve with some veggies on the side, such as a green salad.
- Prep Time: 40 mins
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.