A simple low FODMAP endive salad. With bacon, eggs, and a fresh yogurt-mayonnaise dressing. A perfect side dish! Gluten-free and lactose-free
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled
- 125 (4.4 oz) bacon pieces
- 4 endives
- Optional: 100 grams (3.5 oz) granny smith apple*
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp lactose-free yogurt
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chives, cut into small pieces
- 2 stalks spring onion, the green part only
- Hard boil the eggs for about 10 minutes. If you like a softer egg, you can also cook them a little shorter.
- Let the eggs cool, peel, and cut into pieces.
- Fry the bacon in a pan (no oil needed) until crispy. Set aside.
- Cut the bottoms of the endives and cut the stumps in half. Remove the hard inside. Cut into small pieces.
- Put in a colander and wash the endive. Drain well and pat dry.
- Place the endive in a bowl. Add the eggs and bacon.
- Peel the apple and cut it into small cubes. Add to the bowl with the rest of the salad.
- Add mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to the salad.
- Cut the chives and spring onion into rings. Add and stir everything well together.
- Taste and, if necessary, season additionally with salt and pepper.
*Granny smith apples are tested and a serving of 25 grams per person is low FODMAP. This is a very small amount, but in a salad, a little bit of apple can be great. If you use apples in this salad, make sure you stick to the serving size of 25 grams per person. And avoid eating other foods that have sorbitol in the same meal, otherwise, you are stacking FODMAPs.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Chopping
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 154
- Fat: 13
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 7
Keywords: gluten-free chicory salad, low FODMAP chicory salad, chicory salad with eggs, chicory salad with bacon