Low FODMAP crème brûlee
This year I went for classic Christmas recipes. Creme brulee, tiramisu, are well-known recipes that we all love to serve for the holidays.
Making a low FODMAP creme brulee is not difficult at all. You only have to replace the milk and the cream with lactose-free versions and voilá you have low FODMAP creme brulee!
I thought I could get away with buying a cheap creme brulee torch in Action. When my boyfriend tried to melt the sugar with the torch a huge flame came from the torch several times.
I really thought the thing was going to explode, so we quickly turned it off. Because of that, you can see from the pictures that the sugar wasn’t entirely melted.
A tip from me: don’t go for the cheapest creme brulee torch, but pay a few bucks more and have a decent one that’s safe!Print
Low FODMAP creme brulee! A dessert classic in a low FODMAP version. Easy to make and almost everybody likes it for dessert. Perfect for Christmas!
- 250 ml lactose-free heavy cream
- 250 ml lactose-free milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 vanilla bean
- 100 g white sugar + 4 tbsp extra for the sugar layer
- 4 ramekins
- 1 kitchen torch
- Pre-heat the oven to 125 degrees Celsius (260 F).
- Put the milk and the cream into a pan. Scrape the pulp from the vanilla bean, put it into the pan and stir. Heat the mixture over low heat.
- Mix the egg yolks with 100 g sugar until creamy. Carefully pour the warm cream on top while stirring continuously.
- Pour the liquid into the ramekins and bake the creme brulee for 45 minutes in the oven. Until the cream has just set.
- Remove the ramekins from the oven and leave to cool for 30 minutes. Place the creme brulee into the fridge and refrigerate for at least 2 more hours.
- Divide one tablespoon of sugar over each ramekin. Melt the sugar using a kitchen torch, until it forms a crispy top. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen