Low FODMAP creamy tuna pasta
Today I have a simple low FODMAP creamy tuna pasta for you. On weekdays, I love cooking recipes that only cost 20 minutes to prepare. That I only have to stand in the kitchen shortly after a working day and can put a delicious meal on the table quickly. This recipe is one of those, perfect!
The ingredients of the low FODMAP tuna pasta
The ingredients of this pasta are:
- Gluten-free pasta: I like using a pasta made of buckwheat or brown rice for extra fiber. If you cannot find this, you can also use a gluten-free pasta made of corn.
- Canned tuna: I usually use tuna in water. You can also use canned tuna in sunflower oil, if you prefer that.
- Vegetables: for vegetables I used broccoli, oyster mushrooms and cherry tomatoes, but you can swap those for other low FODMAP veggies that you have in your pantry. This is a great recipe for using up left-over veggies. Broccoli and cherry tomatoes are limited low FODMAP and both contain a high amount of fructans in larger amounts. If you stick to the serving size of 75 gram broccoli and 100 gram cherry tomatoes, you stay within the safe serving size.
- Lactose-free crème fraîche: for the cream sauce, I use lactose-free crème fraiche. You can also use a lactose-free cooking cream, if that’s available in the supermarket.
- Seasoning: I keep the seasonings simple in this recipe. For flavour I use pepper, salt, lemon juice and the green part of spring onion. You could also use the green part of leek, instead of spring onion.
Will you let me know if you make my low FODMAP creamy tuna pasta? I would love it if you would share your creations with me using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen on Instagram or by tagging me at @karlijnskitchenPrint
A low FODMAP creamy tuna pasta with lots of veggies. Very tasty and rich in protein. Gluten-free and lactose-free.
- 160 g (5.6 oz) gluten-free pasta
- 150 g (5.3 oz) broccoli, heads
- 200 g (7 oz) cherry tomatoes
- 200 g (7 oz) oyster mushrooms
- 150 g (5.3 oz) canned tuna
- 125 ml (4.2 fl. oz) lactose-free crème fraîche
- The green part of two stalks of spring onion
- A splash of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: rocket lettuce
- Boil the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Add the broccoli heads to the pasta when the pasta has 5 minutes left to boil. Boil the broccoli with the pasta for 5 minutes.
- Rinse the cherry tomatoes and cut them into half. Clean the oyster mushrooms and cut them into pieces.
- Heat some oil in pan. Fry the oyster mushrooms for about 5 minutes until they start to brown.
- Drain the tuna. Add the tuna and the crème fraîche. Leave to simmer for 5 minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes and leave to simmer for 2-3 minutes until the tomatoes soften.
- Taste the sauce and season with salt, pepper and a splash of lemon juice. Add the rings of spring onion to the sauce.
- Drain the pasta and the broccoli and stir it into the sauce.
- Divide some rocket lettuce over two plates. Scoop the pasta on top.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 1 serving (1/2 of the recipe)
- Calories: 642
- Fat: 31
- Carbohydrates: 65
- Fiber: 9
- Protein: 33
Keywords: low FODMAP tuna pasta, gluten-free tuna pasta, lactose-free tuna pasta
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!