Low FODMAP creamy mushroom pasta
Are you into spending hours in the kitchen at Christmas and preparing very difficult dishes? Or would you rather put a fancy dish on the table quickly, without having to spend hours on it?
I fall into that last category. Although I really enjoy cooking, I also enjoy chatting and having a drink with the family at Christmas. That’s why I prefer not to spend too long in the kitchen.
That’s why this Christmas season I mainly share recipes that are not too complicated to make, but very tasty. Just like this low FODMAP creamy mushroom pasta.
How to make low FODMAP creamy mushroom pasta?
I chose to make this low FODMAP pasta with oyster mushrooms and canned mushrooms. These are the only types of mushrooms that are low FODMAP.
You can also choose to use only oyster mushrooms. Then use 500 grams of oyster mushrooms for the entire recipe instead of 300 grams of oyster mushrooms and 200 grams canned mushrooms.
In addition, I also add zucchini and the green part of leek and spring onion to this pasta.
I make the cream sauce with lactose-free whipping cream.
I also use some seasonings to flavor the pasta:
- Olive oil with truffle aroma: the truffle flavor that this oil gives, I think fits very well with the mushrooms in this dish.
- The green part of leek and spring onion: these seasonings give a light onion flavor to this dish.
- Fresh thyme
- Fresh parsley
- Pepper and salt
- Parmesan cheese to taste
Low FODMAP types of pasta
You can use any kind of gluten-free pasta you like for this pasta, as long as it is low FODMAP. I liked using a less common type of pasta for this festive dish.
That’s why I chose gluten-free farfalle. I ordered this pasta online from a Dutch webshop.
This pasta is made from brown rice and therefore contains more fiber than a “standard” gluten-free pasta based on corn flour. I always like to choose that. But you can pick any pasta you like.
This pasta is on the table in 20 minutes, but you’ll still serve a festive and delicious dish! Nice to serve with a side salad. Are you going to try it?Print
A festive and simple pasta: low FODMAP creamy mushroom pasta. Ideal for a festive dinner. Gluten-free, low lactose and vegetarian.
- 320 g (11.3 oz) gluten-free penne or farfalle
- 300 g (10.6 oz) oyster mushrooms
- 200 g (7.1 oz) mushrooms from a jar
- 200 g (7.1 oz) zucchini
- 1 leek, the green part
- 2 stalks of spring onion, the green part
- 1 tbsp olive oil with truffle aroma
- 250 ml (8.5 fl. oz.) lactose-free whipping cream
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Pepper and salt to taste
- A handful of fresh parsley
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Scrub the oyster mushrooms clean and cut them into pieces.
- Drain the mushrooms from a jar and rinse them.
- Wash the zucchini and cut it into pieces.
- Cut the green part of the leek and spring onion into rings.
- Heat the olive oil with truffle aroma in a pan.
- Add the oyster mushrooms, canned mushrooms, and zucchini and cook for about 5 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the leek and spring onion for the last two minutes.
- Season with pepper and salt. Strip the thyme from the twigs and add as well.
- Pour the whipping cream over the vegetables and let warm up for a few minutes.
- Taste the sauce and season with some salt and pepper.
- Divide the pasta over the plates and pour the sauce over it.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and some Parmesan cheese.
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Italian
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.