Low FODMAP cod fish in creamy mustard sauce
A simple main course with fish: that is this low FODMAP cod in mustard sauce. This recipe is ready within 25 minutes and is ideal to serve at Christmas.
How to make low FODMAP mustard sauce?
I made a simple mustard cream sauce for this recipe. With just a few ingredients:
- Mustard, of course. Make sure you choose a low FODMAP variant.
- Lactose-free crème fraîche: I used crème fraîche from the brand Arla.
- Broth: Make sure you use a low FODMAP stock cube.
You don’t need more than that to make a tasty mustard sauce!
What can I serve the cod fish with?
I served this dish myself with green beans that I rolled in bacon and put in the oven for 10 minutes. I also served potato wafers with it. These are low FODMAP at the time of writing and I found them in the Dutch supermarket Albert Heijn.
Other ideas to serve with this dish:
- Low FODMAP mashed potatoes
- Low FODMAP pommes duchesse
- Low FODMAP scalloped potatoes
- Oven-roasted carrot, parsnip and sweet potato
- Low FODMAP oven-roasted vegetables
- Burrata salad with tomato
Low FODMAP cod fish with a delicious creamy mustard sauce. Easy to make and festive. Gluten-free and low lactose.
For the fish
- A knob of butter
- 2 cod fillets
- 1 tsp low FODMAP mustard
- Pepper and salt
For the creamy mustard sauce
- 1.5 tbsp low FODMAP mustard
- 100 grams (3.5 oz) of lactose-free crème fraîche
- 100 ml (3.4 fl. oz) low FODMAP broth
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (390 F).
- Pat the cod fillets dry and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Heat the butter in the pan.
- Brush the cod fillet on one side with a little mustard.
- Fry the cod fillet in a large frying pan for about 2 minutes. 1 minute per side.
- Grease a baking dish with a little butter and place the cod fillet in it.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Take the pan in which you fried the fish. Add the mustard and 100 grams of crème fraîche.
- Stir well and heat over low heat for about 4 minutes.
- Add half of the stock to thin the sauce a bit. If more is needed, you can add a little more broth a little at a time.
- Taste the sauce and season with a little salt if necessary.
- Remove the cod fillets from the oven and serve with the mustard sauce.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 1 serving (1/2 of the recipe)
- Calories: 256
- Fat: 18
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 20
Keywords: gluten-free cod fish with creamy mustard sauce, low FODMAP cod fish with creamy mustard sauce
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen