A basic recipe for low FODMAP chicken soup. Made with chicken legs, vegetables, and optionally noodles. Gluten-free and lactose-free.
- 200 g (7 oz) carrot
- 200 g (7 oz) canned mushrooms
- 1 leek, the green part
- 1/2 bush of spring onion, the green part
- 750 g (26.5 oz) chicken thigh with bones
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 piece of mace
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 liter water + low FODMAP stock powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Optional: 50 g (1.8 oz) rice vermicelli noodles
- Peel the carrot and cut it into small pieces.
- Drain the mushrooms and rinse.
- Cut the green part of the spring onion and leek into rings.
- Finely chop the parsley and zip the thyme leaves off of the stems.
- Place the chicken thighs in a large soup pot.
- Add carrot, mushrooms, leek, spring onion, parsley, thyme, pepper, mace, and bay leaf.
- Pour two liters of water over it and add the stock powder.
- Bring the soup to a boil and reduce the heat to low. Place the lid at an angle on the pan and let the soup simmer for 2 hours.
- Remove the chicken legs from the soup.
- Pour the broth through a sieve and collect in another pan. Discard the bay leaf and mace. You can add the rest of the vegetables back to the broth.
- Remove the chicken meat from the chicken legs and remove the bones and skin. Fluff it apart with a fork, so that you get strings of chicken.
- Add the chicken meat to the broth and heat the soup again. If you use vermicelli, you can also add it now and let it cook for a short time.
- Taste the soup and season with lemon juice, salt, and a little extra pepper if necessary.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 2 hours 15 min
- Category: Soup
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 204
- Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 16
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 27
Keywords: low FODMAP chicken soup, gluten-free chicken soup, lactose-free chicken soup