Low FODMAP chicken satay! Asian chicken kebabs with homemade peanut sauce to serve on an Asian BBQ. Low FODMAP, gluten-free and lactose-free.
- 200 g chicken breast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp ketjap manis (sweet soy sauce)
For the satay sauce
- 150 g natural peanut butter (I used smooth peanut butter)
- 2 tbsp ketjap manis
- 1 tsp sambal (chilli paste)
- 100 ml water
- Cut the chicken breast into cubes. Put the chicken cubes together with the olive oil and the ketjap in a bowl. Stir together and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Put the pieces of chicken onto the skewers. Fry the skewers on the barbeque or in a grill pan until they are done (for me this took about 10 minutes).
- In the meantime, put the peanut butter, ketjap, sambal and 50 ml water into a small pan. Heat this up on low heat, while you stir regularly. Add the rest of the water little by little.
- If your sauce is too thick you can add a bit more water.
- Serve the chicken kebabs with satay sauce on top!
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min