A creamy low FODMAP chicken broccoli rice casserole made from scratch. With white sauce and cheese. Real tasty comfort food! Gluten-free and low lactose.
- 250 g (8.8 oz) broccoli, florets only
- 140 g (4.9 oz) brown rice
- 200 g (7 oz) chicken thigh, cut into pieces
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 120 g (4.2 oz) zucchini
- 1 leek, the green part only
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 150 ml (5 fl. oz) low FODMAP stock
- 50 g (1.8 oz) lactose-free crème fraîche
- 40 g (1.4 oz) low-fat grated cheese
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 oven dish
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 F).
- Cut the broccoli into florets.
- Boil the rice according to the instructions on the package. Boil the broccoli for 8 minutes. I usually do this together in one pan and add the broccoli after the rice has been cooking for a few minutes.
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry the chicken for about 5 minutes until cooked. Season with pepper and salt.
- Wash the zucchini and cut it into small pieces. Cut the green part of the leek into rings.
- Add the zucchini and the leek to the chicken and fry for a few minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter in the pan. Add 1 tbsp flour when the butter has melted.
- Stir until you get a roux.
- Add the stock gradually while you keep stirring. Keep stirring until you have a smooth sauce.
- Add the crème fraîche and stir again.
- Taste the sauce and season with 1 tsp mustard, pepper, and salt to taste.
- Add the chicken, vegetables and broccoli to the sauce.
- Divide the rice over the oven dish and put the sauce on top. Stir.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top. Put the dish in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Casserole
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 636
- Fat: 25
- Carbohydrates: 61
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 37
Keywords: gluten-free chicken broccoli rice casserole, low FODMAP chicken broccoli rice casserole, low lactose chicken broccoli rice casserole