A delicious low FODMAP chicken alfredo pasta with cream sauce and a green salad on the side. Real comfort food! With vegetarian option.
For the pasta
- 140 g (4.9 oz) gluten-free tagliatelle (or another kind of pasta)
- 200 g (7 oz) chicken thigh, in pieces (or a meat substitute, such as Quorn pieces)
- 300 g (10.6 oz) oyster mushrooms and/or canned mushrooms
- 30 g (2 tbsp) butter
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) lactose-free cream
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 50 g (1/2 cup) parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Fresh parsley
For the salad
- 100 g (1 1/3 cup) lettuce of your choice
- 150 g (3/4 cup) roma tomatoes, diced
- 100 g (3/4 cup) cucumber, diced
- 40 g (1/4 cup) avocado, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A splash of lemon juice
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Boil the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Clean the oyster mushrooms and cut into pieces. Put aside.
- Cut the chicken thigh into pieces.
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry the chicken thigh until cooked. Stir regularly.
- Remove the chicken thigh from the pan and put aside.
- Heat the butter in the pan.
- Add the oyster mushrooms and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the lactose-free cream and the pepper and salt.
- Leave to simmer on low heat until the cream thickens. Stir regularly.
- Prepare the salad in the meantime. Wash, drain and cut the lettuce. Halve the tomatoes and dice the cucumber and avocado. Put into a lettuce bowl and add 1 tbsp olive oil, a splash of lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss.
- Stir 3/4 of the parmesan cheese and the nutmeg into the sauce.
- If the sauce is too thick, you can add a splash of the pasta water, when you drain the pasta.
- Stir the tagliatelle and the chicken thigh through the cream sauce and divide the pasta over two plates.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and the rest of the parmesan cheese. Serve with the salad.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: low FODMAP chicken alfredo pasta, gluten-free chicken alfredo pasta, chicken alfredo pasta