Healthy low FODMAP burger
Today I have a recipe for you that doesn’t need a lot of explaining: homemade low FODMAP burgers! I was in need of a simple and quick comfort food recipe and what is better than a burger?
Ready made burgers from the supermarket or from a fast food chain are a no-go for Fodmappers and even though I sometimes hate this because you can hardly go to eat something on the go, I am sometimes grateful for it too.
Because when you make a low FODMAP burger yourself, you know exactly what ingredients go in there and your burger is often a lot healthier than the readymade ones.
And I realised that I actually like a burger with fresh ingredients on a crispy bun better than a mushy burger from McDonalds (or add any fast food chain of you choice)
Because store-bought burgers often contain spices like garlic and onion powder I picked a clean beef patty without any added ingredients.
You can also make your own low FODMAP burger with minced meat which you season with spices of your choice and bake burgers from that.Print
A delicious comfort food recipe! A low FODMAP burger made of a clean beef patty on a spelt bun. Simple and quick but super good and satisfying!
- 1 gluten-free bun or spelt bun, if you tolerate spelt
- 1 beef patty or 100 to 150 g of minced meat
- Tomato slices
- Mayonnaise and BBQ sauce
- Optional: slices of cheese
- This actually is hardly worth explaining! Cut the tomato and the pickles in slices. Heat some oil or baking spray in a pan and bake the beef patty or your homemade burger until brown and cooked on both sides. Season with salt and pepper.
- And then you only need to make up your burger by putting the lettuce, burger, pickles tomatoes and sauce on the bun. If you want you can also add some cheese. This is very good with baked potatoes on the side!
Pay attention to the ingredients of sauces. There are low FODMAP versions of mayonnaise and BBQ sauce, but some contain high FODMAP ingredients.
Make sure to check the ingredients of the pickles too. Some jars of pickles have onion or fructose added to them.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.