A low FODMAP blueberry cheesecake with lemon. Fresh and tangy! This cake is easy to make and also gluten-free and lactose-free.
For the bottom
g lowFODMAP cookies (I used oat cookies)
- 70 g salted butter
- 25 g white sugar
- A 20 cm cake tin (8 inches)
For the cheesecake
- 400 g lactose-free cream cheese
- 200 g lactose-free quark (preferably full fat)
- 175 g sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- The rind of 1/2 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 150 g blueberries + extra for garnish (you can use frozen blueberries, thaw and drain them beforehand)
- Pre-heat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350 Fahrenheit). Cover the baking tin with baking parchment
- Put the cookies into a food processor and make them into crumbs. Melt the butter in a pan or in the microwave and add them together with 25 grams of sugar to the cookie crumbs. Stir well until it forms a sticky mixture. Divide the mixture over the baking tin and press into the bottom with the back of a spoon.
- Mix the cream cheese with the quark and the sugar. Mix with a mixer into a creamy mixture. Add the eggs one by one and mix well in between.
- Add the lemon juice and the lemon rind to the mixture together with the blueberries. Stir through carefully.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the baking tin. Bake the cake for 40-45 minutes in the middle of the oven.
- Turn the oven down to 100 degrees Celsius (210 Fahrenheit) and bake the cake for another 20 minutes. Check if the cake is firm enough. The middle can still be a bit wobbly, but it shouldn’t be too wobbly. If you think the cake is not firm enough yet, you can turn the oven off, but leave the cake in the oven for a few more minutes.
- Take the cheesecake out of the oven and leave it to cool on a wire rack for an hour. Then put the cake into the fridge and leave it to cool for at least another hour. Garnish the cake with some extra blueberries and serve.
Blueberries are low FODMAP up to 30 gram per serving. If you divide the cake into 8 pieces, 1 piece per serving is low FODMAP. Also because of the amount of fat and sugar in cake, it is recommended to stick to 1 piece per serving.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins